Last update: 20th June’20
GreenGeeks was founded in 2007 by Trey Gardner based in Los Angeles and has become a popular brand in the WordPress hosting industry with their incredibly fast website performance, 24/7 U.S. based support, and an environmentally responsible platform.
They offer you automatic 1-click WordPress install, managed updates, enhanced security, free CDN, free site migration, and the choice of 5 different data center locations.
GreenGeeks power over 500,000 websites and more than 40000 customers. On top of all this, they have a special 70% discount for WPBeginner readers combined with free SSL and a free domain name.
Review of GreenGeeks Upload time or Speed
GreenGeeks offers a great website speed to the users by using the below technologies:
1. LiteSpeed and MariaDB web servers: Ultra-optimized web & database servers allow for blazing fast data read/write, serving pages up to 50 times faster.
2. SSD hard drives: Website files & databases are stored on cutting-edge solid state drives configured in a redundant RAID-10 storage array.
3. Fast PHP 7: They were one of the first to adopt PHP 7. Enjoy faster PHP executions with PHP7 enabled on all servers.
4. Content Delivery Network (CDN): Free CDN powered by CloudFlare allows you to cache content and serve it from servers closest to your visitors for faster web serving.
5. HTTP/2 : Enjoy the latest network protocol for significantly faster page loads in-browser. HTTP/2 requires encryption.
6. PowerCacher: Customized in-house caching technology allows to serve your favorite applications efficiently and reliably.
In our testing of GreenGeeks average load time of last 9 months, we found that the speed has been incredibly good and the average comes out to be 454 ms which is around 50% faster then their competitors.
|Month||Average Load time or Speed in ms|
Review of GreenGeeks Reliability or Up-time
GreenGeeks offers 99.9% up-time guarantee.
Like all other hosting service providers, GreenGeeks also have conditions while offering the guarantee-Vendor hardware or a network malfunction that is outside of GreenGeek’s control.
Downtime caused by client error, including spamming activity and Downtime caused by cyber attacks are also not covered.
In our testing of GreenGeeks uptime of last 9 months, we found that their average up-time was 99.96% which is more than industry standard of 99.94%
|Month||Average Uptime||Average Load time in ms|
Review of GreenGeeks Security features
GreenGeeks has solid tools for providing security to your website.
1. Hosting Account Isolation: Utilizing a container based approach, accounts are provisioned with their own dedicated computing resources and secured virtual file system (Secure vFS). This ensures no single user can impact another regardless of site traffic or computing resource demands.
2. Linux Secure vFS: Developed at the kernel level, in combination with their account isolation technology, provides users with their own Secured virtualized File System. This ensures accounts on GreenGeeks platform are unable to see or access other accounts, helping to protect against malware and other malicious activity.
3. Real-Time Security Scanning: Utilizing kernel level file tracking, their systems can identify changed files and scan them for known malware signatures in real-time. Thanks to their Secure vFS framework, these changes can be immediately isolated to protect against malware from spreading.
4. Advanced Clustered Threat Analysis: A combination of proprietary and third party software allows their system administrators to have the ability to identify potential harmful attacks across their network to help develop security rules before a problem occurs.
5. Pro-active Server Monitoring: With Real-time monitoring of all critical services, their system administrators can identify potential problems before they occur, helping to maintain 99.9% uptime.
Review of GreenGeeks Customer Support
Apart from providing support 24/7 via live chat and email support ticket, They also offer phone support Monday through Friday from 9 AM to midnight EST, and on Saturday and Sunday from 9 AM to 8 PM EST.
There are WordPress expert support specialists available to help managed WordPress hosting customers for handling any WordPress-specific issues.
GreenGeeks have a good reputation for responding very quickly to inquiries, and providing expert help.
They also have large knowledgebase and a tutorial section which will help you in resolving multiple queries and issues.
GreenGeeks Plans and Pricing
Below, is the quick overview of GreenGeeks plans and pricing.
You may also click on the below image to get detailed information on the plans and the pricing
Shared Hosting: Unlike most of the other web hosts, GreenGeeks has just one shared hosting plan.
The plan costs $2.95 if you pay for full 3 years in advance (the actual cost is $9.95 per month if you pay monthly). Plan comes with Free wildcard SSL, unlimited web space, unlimited data transfer, support for unlimited domain names, and unlimited email accounts and MySQL databases. This plan also offers a free domain name for 1st year and free nightly backups.
WordPress Hosting: Their WordPress hosting is basically the same as their shared hosting plan, but it is especially enhanced for WordPress.
Pros & Cons of GreenGeeks
1 . 30 day money-back guarantee.
2. Free domain name
3. Unlimited disk space & data transfer
4. Free site migration service
5. Nightly automatic data backup
6. Fast servers (using SSD, HTTP/2, PHP7, built-in caching + more)
7. Free SSL certificate & CloudFlare CDN
1. Setup & domain fees aren’t refundable
2. No Asian data center
So is GreenGeeks suitable for your hosting your website? GreenGeeks aims to not only provide strong web hosting services but do it in an environmentally friendly way too.
One of GreenGeeks most standout features is the fact that they’re an environmentally friendly web hosting company.
So, Yes We do recommend GreenGeeks. They offer good web hosting services for both beginners and more advanced webmasters at affordable prices without compromising any of the necessary features.
Click to check Honest and detailed reviews of Best Web Hosting 2020