Last update: 20th June’20
If you are looking high quality managed WordPress hosting specialist , 2 hosts come up – Kinsta and WP Engine . Their pricing are similar, but Kinsta is arguably more scalable, developer friendly, and easy to use.
In this review, we’ll be focusing on what Kinsta offers, and what are their unique selling propositions as a host.
Kinsta is based in Los Angeles and London and has some major corporate clients: including Ubisoft, GE, Ricoh, and Intuit.
“What makes Kinsta a specialist of Managed WordPress hosting“
Kinsta has many hosting features that are useful for any site, regardless of using WordPress. But they decided to specialize further and become the best WordPress host.
Here are some most important features that Kinsta offers for WordPress:
1. Specialized WordPress Support Team: Support team consists of developers who are having extensive experience with Linux and WordPress.
Many of their support team developers have created WordPress plugins and themes and have also contributed to WordPress Core.
2. Optimized WordPress Stack: Kinsta keeps their servers updated with the latest software that benefits WordPress performance .
3. Extensive Security Measures: As a managed WordPress Hosting service, all their servers are monitored by Kinsta’s security team itself. They continuously monitor server uptime , have DDoS attack detection, and constantly scan for any malware.
WordPress is seen often prone to security weaknesses. Kinsta protects your website from security issue to WordPress.
4. Caching Optimized for Popular Plugins: Kinsta has created caching rules to help various popular plugins like WooCommerce. It will only cache pages that are static and this keeps your e-commerce site running as fast as possible with no functionality issues for the visitors.
5. Site Migrations: Kinsta is offering free site migrations. This feature is extremely convenient for WordPress users.
“Kinsta Review of Customer Support”
Kinsta offers a free site migration with every plan. They have a migration team that handles migration process from start to finish, with almost negligible downtime.
Their support team consists of only members who are expert in WordPress and who have created or contributed to plugins and themes.
Customer support is available 24/7 an is handled through the dashboard via live messaging. There is no phone support.
They have knowledge base full of very useful tutorials on their website and answers to frequently asked questions.
“Some Important features of Kinsta”
Kinsta Custom Control Panel: They have their own Control Panel and is at par or you may find it better than cPanel.
Kinsta being a specialized WordPress host therefore their control panel has a WordPress resembling design. The User Interface and look of it is very pleasant for the user.
DashBoard and Features: Apart from displaying many website related information, dashboard also quickly shows you traffic levels and resource consumption over time. From the Dashboard you can add a new website, Manage redirects, See detailed analytics, View resource usage and Manage your billing information.
Development Tools: Kinsta also supports HHVM for extra performance in testing environments. HHVM offers a significant speed boost over PHP’s FastCGI interpreter.
SSH Access and FTP Passwords: Developers will like the SSH access into their systems. This will run tools like GIT and even make quick edits to files using text editors like vim. You can also run SSH tunnels to database tools like Sequel Pro or HeidiSQL .
You can also change your FTP passwords with a single click.
Staging and supported Versions: Kinsta offers staging areas to test websites in a safe environment before deploying them to a wider audience. This is ideal if you are building complex custom web applications.
Staging environments are also backed up the way production environments are.
Free Daily Backups: Kinsta offers free daily backups in all the plans. User can also create a manual backup for any individual website from the control panel at any time.
Data center locations: Kinsta has over 20 server locations to choose from, including options in Australia, South America and multiple locations in the USA, Asia and Europe. Nearer the data center to the area of your targeted visitors, more will be the website speed for them.
Money Back: They offer 30 days money back guarantee.
“Kinsta Review of Speed”
Kinsta advertises its Google-based architecture for its speed. They offer a range of latest web hosting softwares including Nginx, PHP 7, LXD containers, and MariaDB.
Kinsta uses the advanced ZFS file system for storing files.
CDN: Kinsta offers free CDN on all the plans to improve reliability and website speed for visitors.
You also have choice to select from over 20 data centers of Kinsta in USA, Australia, Europe and Asia. The speed of the website for a visitor depends on how near is the data center. So if You are targeting Australian visitors then you can select the data center for your website as Australia.
“Kinsta Review of Security Features”
Kinsta offers multiple and robust security feature for your website. They also monitor their uptime, response time, and detects DDoS attacks. Most of the time, they are able to stop these attacks immediately if they occur.
For websites migrating to HTTPS, Kinsta accepts third-party SSL certificates, even those from the free Let’s Encrypt service.
Apart from Two-Factor authentication, Kinsta also employs hardware firewalls for strict security settings and daemons that scan for malware.
“Kinsta Review of Up-time or Reliability“
Kinsta offers a 99.9% uptime guarantee, with money adjusted in your bill if their uptime drops below this.
In our testing of their Up-time, using Pingdom tool, we got impressive up-time of 100% over a 10 day period.
” Plans and Pricing “
Kinsta offers Starter, Pro plans, four Business plans and two Enterprise plans.
1. Starter: $30 per month for one WordPress install, 20,000 visits, and 10 GB disk space.
2. Pro: $60 per month for two WordPress installs, 40,000 visits, and 20 GB disk space.
3. Business plans: Starting from $100 per month for three WordPress installs, 100,000 visits, and 30 GB disk space.
4. Enterprise plans: Starting from $600 per month for 60 WordPress installs, 1,000,000 visits, and 100 GB disk space.
If you pay for year they give you two months free. All the plans include a free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate, as well as CDN access.
They also offer a 30-day money-back guarantee on all plans.
” Kinsta Pros And Cons “
There are many good things about Kinsta, we have mentioned below some of important Pros:
1. Free migration – All the plans comes with a free migration and are executed by very experience WordPress migration team.
2. Site speed – Kinsta has multiple stellar features to speed up WordPress as much as possible.
3. Strong security features – Kinsta’s security team actively monitors and fixes any potential security threat. If there is a security issue, they fix it for free.
4. Specialized Support Staff – Company’s support team is highly experienced, trained specialized in running a WordPress site.
5. Scalable – Not only Kinsta hosts small sites, but also sites of large companies that get a huge volume of traffic. User can upgrade to a higher tier plan at any time.
Below, are some of the Cons of Kinsta which we have found:
1. Pricing: Although they are best and have competitive pricing for Managed WordPress hosting, Kinsta is still expensive, especially for small businesses.
2. No email feature – Kinsta does not provides an email service of any kind.
3. Some Plugins are banned: Kinsta has a list of banned plugins, some of which are popular. This is because the banned plugins create issues with their servers.
” Conclusion “
Kinsta offers you fast and reliable managed WordPress hosting based on the Google Cloud Platform.
If you are looking for a Quality Managed WordPress Hosting with unlimited and advances features then Kinsta is the excellent choice for you.
You may click below banner to buy Kinsta Managed WordPress Hosting.